Senior Network Security Engineer
Marsh & McLennan Companies is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Phoenix Office
Senior Network Security Engineer
What can you expect?
The Senior Network Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operations of MMC security infrastructure worldwide while enforcing security policies and reducing risk to Marsh & McLennan Companies. This role reports to the Global Cybersecurity Operations Manager.
What is in it for you?
Cybersecurity Operations is a crucial role within MMC. Technical expertise, combined with positive, collaborative, can-do attitudes are required to make this team successful.
Technologies include next-generation firewalls within the cloud and on-premise, web application firewalls, proxies, advanced malware prevention, remote access, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection/prevention systems
Work from Home: up to 60%
Travel: Less than 5%.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Tier II-IV incident troubleshooting
- Change and configuration management
- Policy optimization
- Infrastructure management
- Capacity management
- Patch and OS management
- Event monitoring and alerting
- Vulnerability management
- Cybersecurity Incident Response
- Security Projects
- Risk Reduction through policy optimization and audit
We would like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area preferred
- 5+ years of advanced network security experience within large-scale global operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to network security technologies.
- Security infrastructure experience pertaining to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Enterprise Log Management, Load-Balancers, WAFs, VPN, DLP, Forensic Analysis, and SIEM.
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise knowledge of TCP/IP and relatedprotocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dumps using Wireshark, HTTPWatch, tcpdump, Fiddler, and similar tools
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI.
- Strong working knowledge of Zscaler ZIA / ZPA and/or Bluecoat Proxy.
- FireEye EX, HX & NX experience.
- F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) expertise & Exam 303-BIG-IP ASM Specialist.
- Cisco ASA & Firepower with CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security certifications.
- Experience operating within AWS and Azure environments.
- Expertise with Palo Alto firewall products with certification as a Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE).
- SANS/GIAC certifications
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. The company's more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance, and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages, and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top