Senior Network Security Engineer
Senior Network Security Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ, or Dallas, TX, or Hoboken, NJ.
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies
The Senior Network Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operations of network related MMC security infrastructure worldwide.
Technologies include next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls, proxies, advanced malware prevention, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
Daily tasks consist of but not limited to change and configuration management of firewall policies, Tier III-IV troubleshooting, patching, capacity management and system upgrades to network security infrastructure. This position will also participate in Cyber Security Incident Response activities. Role reports to the Security Operations Manager.
Security Operations is a crucial role within MMC. Technical expertise combined with positive, collaborative, can do attitudes are required to make this team successful.
Travel: Less than 5%.
Work from Home: 20-50%
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area, preferred
- 5+ years of advanced network security experience within large-scale global operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to security operations technologies.
- Security infrastructure experience pertaining to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Enterprise Log Management, Load-Balancers, WAFs, VPN, DLP, Forensic Analysis, and SIEM
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise knowledge of TCP/IP and relatedprotocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dumps using Wireshark, HTTPWatch, tcpdump, Fiddler, and similar tools
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluecoat Proxy with certification as a Blue Coat ProxySG Administrator.
- FireEye HX & NX experience and certifications.
- F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) expertise & Exam 303-BIG-IP ASM Specialist.
- Cisco ASA & Firepower with CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security certifications.
- Experience operating within AWS and Azure environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Palo Alto firewall products with certification as a Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE).
- SANS/GIAC certifications
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top