Senior Marketing Specialist, Victor O. Schinnerer & Co.
Victor O. Schinnerer & Co. iscurrently seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist to join the Marketing and Communications Department in our Chevy Chase, Maryland location. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a variety of marketing experience including strategy development, content creation, digital marketing, social media, internal and external communications and collateral development. We are seeking an individual that is looking to grow with an organization and be involved in the full life-cycle of a project from strategy to implementation to analysis.
- Working with senior business leaders, establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes marketing initiatives to achieve stated objectives.
- Serve as editor for several program or corporate email newsletters. Edits copy received from outside sources and writes articles based on feedback from various program resources.
- Works closely with web developers in the design and usability of the website.
- Works closely with program managers to develop program specific content.
- Monitors and analyzes financial, technological and product/program developments in assigned industries in order to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates online advertising and promotional activities linked to contests, seminars, educational opportunities, and other activities.
- Coordinates the execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, tradeshow, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Help develop and distribute promotional and collateral materials to Sales and Distribution Team.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials and events.
- Develops and coordinates the execution of surveys and analyzes data to recommend strategy adjustments.
- Evaluates marketing and promotional activities in order to recommend strategy adjustments.
- Presents new and innovative ideas to ensure the organization's marketing strategies are fresh and exciting.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Five or more years of related marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in insurance strongly preferred. Experience in technology in general and web development in particular.
- Experience with a Business-to-Business marketing strategy strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with content management system preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data and information.
- Ability to learn and understand underwriting and insurance concepts and information in order to create informative and transparent content.
- Ability to write articles and promotional materials that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Is a strong independent worker but also a collegial team player
- Not afraid to share ideas, voice opinions and stand up for the marketing guidelines set in place.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top