Senior Manager - Web Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Responsible for overseeing the designing of creative and scalable software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges. The qualified candidate should have strong leadership, communication, analytical, technical and leadership skills. They will be involved in all phases of the development life cycle - from analysis to implementation. The incumbent must have an understanding of project management principles, systems integration, and testing / deployment principles.
Responsibility includes the provision of robust, secure and scalable web hosting infrastructure environments to support Marsh Global IT applications.
Role Accountabilities / Skills
- Understands and transforms business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration.
- Helps move our organisation on to smarter and quicker ways of working / delivering IT solutions including but limited to running Dev Ops.
- The qualified candidate should have strong analytical, technical, and leadership skills, and will be involved in all phases of the SDLC. The candidate should have an understanding of project management principles, systems integration, and testing / deployment principles.
- Solves complex problems with many variables using various security, network, storage, and compute platforms.
- Develops full-stack and reference architecture designs for infrastructure across hybrid environments inclusive of cloud platforms.
- Participates in the development of governance processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization's resources are used responsibly for the infrastructure landscape.
- Interacts with business units in response to service requests; researches and gathers all necessary details to determine functional requirements to meet project user's needs.
- Works closely with Solution Architects/Designers/Developers to ensure consistency, compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans, quality of solutions and knowledge sharing.
- Defines and delivers integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile and Model-Driven techniques liaison with developers in the delivery of custom solutions or COTS configurations/customizations supporting the integration platform.
- Participates in highly complex or impactful operational incidents to ensure proper response and resolution to issues and errors. Stays abreast of how information technologies are currently impacting and driving competitors and provide recommendations and subject matter expertise regarding industry trends, technology and tools / services.
- Provides mentoring on advanced technology concepts and technical capabilities to Information Systems staff.
- Provides leadership in creating, maintaining and marketing the architectural vision and direction of information technology under guidance from the CIO.
- Responsible for approving invoices, developing decision analysis criteria, and consultant or contractor selection.
- Knowledge of Applications technologies, principles and patterns, micro services a must.
- Technical expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (VMWare, AWS, Asure etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes,etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and hands on technical experience with Cloud to include Public/Private or Hybrid.
- An interest and understanding of emerging and innovative technologies such as Cloud, AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- Knowledge of Industry standard security requirements and designs.
- Must be experienced, organizationally savvy, and these skills must cross multiple IT disciplines including, integration, application, and data domains.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to senior level management as well as all levels of internal/external service partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform/drive in-depth analysis of systems, data flows processes, and architectural trade-offs.
- Frequent contact with executive management, mid-management, staff, administrators, internal and external customers, consultants, vendors, and outside agencies.
- Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear and pragmatic team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Ability to draw conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members, providing active leadership skills across project team and business community.
- Ability to partner with other functions across IT (PM, BA, EA, Security, Operations) to ensure collaboration, consistency, quality and timeliness of solutions.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Ability to adapt to technology shifts over time.
- As a part of the IT leadership team, identifies opportunities and risks for architecting the company's applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
- Leverages industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security and integration for the enterprise.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage, manage and influence key stakeholder relationships, from senior level management as well as internal/external service partners.
- Well balanced technical, client service and client expectation management skills.
- Open to learning new technologies, forward and strategic thinking
- Must have an excellent work ethic and customer service skills
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top