Senior Manager - Network Engineering
ICAT is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Broomfield, Colorado office
Senior Manager Network Engineering
What can you expect?
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the companies' network, communications and help desk services, platforms and technologies.
- • Manage the design, implementation and monitoring of desktop support and help desk services, local and wide area networks, voice communications, server systems administration and disaster recovery.
- • Provide technical leadership and participate in technical design and problem resolution as required.
- • Propose and implement system enhancements to meet customer requirements and to improve the performance and reliability of systems and services.
- • Monitor all systems for performance and capacity planning and recommend system modifications or upgrades as required. Responsible for customer satisfaction for the services provided by the group.
- • Responsible for customer satisfaction. Develop Service Level Agreements with customers. Create and implement system reporting and customer service feedback tools to ensure systems and services are meeting customer expectations and performance metrics.
- • Responsible for the support, operations, capacity planning and disaster recovery for desktop computers, servers, file storage and software, including off site tape backup storage and retrieval, and redundant systems at remote facilities.
- • Responsible for ensuring the implementation of security systems (hardware and software), policies and procedures that meets best practices for a medium sized enterprise.
- • Responsible for ensuring the operation of the ICAT Help Desk System meets customer needs and expectations. Ensure the proper prioritization of trouble tickets and ensure their timely resolution.
- • Optimize operations through the use of policies and procedures, standards, common utilities, shells, scripting, and security/access control/account management to administer the systems. Establish programs for continual system review and improvement.
- • Recommend and coordinate system audits and planning as required.
- • Responsible for the selection, implementation and use of system management tools. Establish performance and service level metrics, alerts, reporting and action plans. Incorporate response requirements into job requirements. Maintain scheduling and staffing to meet response requirements.
- • Responsible for reporting on system performance and planning and budgeting for systems to meet Service Level Agreements.
- • Responsible for the planning, management and operations of TCP/IP networking including local and wide area networking, hubs, switches, routers, firewalls and directory services.
- • Responsible for ensuring adequate documentation of all system configuration, operational procedures, troubleshooting procedures and disaster recovery. Responsible for ensuring the cross training of staff and the ability to meet service level expectations.
- • Manage employees, includes: hiring and developing, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving personnel issues.
- • Provide technical leadership and managerial direction to designated personnel.
- • Ensure that individual and team performance meets ICAT's standards of service and quality.
- • Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all ICAT personnel, business partners, and vendors.
- • Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan
- • Additional duties as assigned
We would like you to have:
- • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- • Requires 7 years of IT management experience in similar areas of technical responsibility within mid to large-sized companies.
- • Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership in desktop support, networking, systems administration and configuration management.
- • Demonstrated skill in working tactfully with people in stressful situations to resolve technical problems.
- • Demonstrated ability to approach troubleshooting systematically, to document findings and summarize events in reports. Demonstrated ability to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- • Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others.
- • Proven leadership and managerial abilities demonstrated by developing, coaching, and training others in an organizational setting.
- • Experience in vendor relations and negotiations.
- • Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and design solutions using standard, well established technology.
- • Demonstrated ability to create business plans and budgets to meet service requirements.
- • Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills. Including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- • Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documentation, professional journals, technical specifications and project management documentation.
- • Demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals using common documentation tools such as Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project.
- • Expertise in the following technologies/applications:
- • Telephony Systems preferably VoIP systems.
- • Strong RedHat Enterprise Linux experience. Linux server administration, troubleshooting, setup and care.
- • Experience with Foundry/Brocade switches.
- • Experience with multiple server platforms (HP, IBM, Dell, etc.)
- • Experience with Cisco network products including ASA hardware and associated VPN functions.
- • Experience with IDS/IPS systems.
- • Knowledge of VMWare and associated products.
- • Knowledge of SAN hardware.
- • TCP/IP networking and security best practices.
- • Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- • Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2012.
- • Experience with monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Cacti and Scrutinizer.
- • Experience with enterprise wireless networks.
- • Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio
- • Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
- • Help desk applications
- • Change request applications.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top