Senior Manager - Accounting Advisory
- Jersey City, NJ
Senior Manager- Accounting Advisory - MMC
If you are a CPA, have experience in auditing and like to identify and solve problems before they become major, then Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) wants to speak with you! You will be able to put your skills to use with us as the Senior Manager- Accounting Advisory in our Hoboken NJ office.
In this position, you will conduct and/or coordinate due diligence on all MMC potential acquisitions, dispositions and investments and the review of the related purchase agreement and purchase accounting.
You will also have responsibility for the following:
- Conduct and / or coordinate due diligence on potential MMC acquisitions.
- Partner directly with Corporate Development to facilitate their questions and to review purchase agreements and provide feedback.
- Conduct research and document conclusions on specific technical accounting acquisition related matters that arise during due diligence.
- Coordinate with the local and regional controllers to assist them in preparing the purchase accounting memo, calculate the contingent consideration liability and provide necessary guidance and training so the controllers understand the requirements
- Review purchase accounting memos prepared by local control and provide questions and feedback
- Coordinate with the local and regional controllers the gathering of required documentation to be used for the determination of intangible asset valuations
- Review valuation reports received from third party valuation specialists with the local teams and provide questions and feedback
- Monitor past acquisitions, review related contingent consideration liabilities and
- Review and approve all of the required financial reporting schedules related to acquisitions on a quarterly basis
- Prepare deliverables for audit requests from Deloitte
- Assist with the completion of special projects
- Provide responsive, competent service and information to regional financial management
The right person will bring these skills to the table:
- At least 8 years of Accounting experience; including public accounting
- Insurance industry and/or Merger & Acquisition due diligence experience
- Strong people skills; including comfort working with all levels of management in a matrixed financial organization
- CPA, CA or MBA (required) along with a 4 year Accounting degree
If this is you and you're looking to be part of an outstanding company, MMC might be the right place for you!
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top