Senior IT Systems Engineer
Location: Hoboken, Atlanta, Louisville, Remote
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking a talented Software Engineer to be part of the Application Engineering team.
This is an opportunity for a skilled and motivated individual to join a great company!
This position involves working with our service catalogue team to develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions. The team has many projects in addition to Service Catalogue, offering a fertile ground for a motivated technologist to positively impact an organization and further develop their career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies
- Develop complex workflows to solve business problems
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing team
- Own component(s) of the architecture
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience
- Support the application life cycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate
- Stay current with new technology trends
Must have qualifications...
- Experience with one or more high level programming languages (Java, C#, Python, Node, etc.)
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with integrating web service API's
- Experience with one or more relational database platforms
Desired, but not mandatory, qualifications
- Experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies
- Experienced with NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Unix experience
- Experience building automation workflows
- Business Process Management
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Actuarial Associate, Mercer
Jolina manages projects for Mercer’s pension plan clients—preparing instructions for teammates, reviewing deliverables, and answering questions throughout the process.
Back to top