Senior IT Project Manager
- Chevy Chase, MD
This position requires a candidate that can be responsible for execution, support and assistance in all aspects of project management for IT initiatives. Must be able to provides leadership and guidance as it pertains to project planning, execution, status reporting, communication, financial management and issues/risk mitigation. Will be accountable for ensuring successful delivery of a program is completed on-budget and on-time. Previous experience managing multiple large scale programs is required.
- Manage multiple consecutive complex projects.
- Leads design and budget of projects and effective communications to all stakeholders.
- Defines project structure, phasing, resource plans and activity schedules.
- Prepares and tracks budgets, project plans, and team resources.
- Coordinates and plans with interdependent teams.
- Ensures that realistic project, sub-project and quality plans are prepared and maintained.
- Ensure that comprehensive project quality, and risk plans for projects of a complex nature are prepared and maintained
Provides project and program status to executive management providing recommendations as needed
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues; facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation.
- Understands the requirements of new assignments by ensuring that assumptions are challenged, technical proposals are tested and business requirements validated with a view to better align IT solutions to business strategies.
- 10-15 years expereince
- Ability to prepare project plans
- Expereince project managing both application and infrastucture projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile methodology
- Insureand industry/financial services experience preferred
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company ( http://www.schinnerer.com/ ), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
Marsh Inc. is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility,
employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top