Senior Investment Reseach Analyst
Senior Investment Research Analyst
- Gathers and collates data from a variety of sources in a timely manner using appropriate methods and experience to meet the specific information needs of consultants.
- Prepares for meetings by working with colleagues/external parties to establish a list of potential managers for product areas.
- Conducts quantitative analysis by developing and maintaining detailed vendor research reports including relevant data, charts, summary views, detailed analysis and our research ratings against various criteria.
- Takes an increasingly active role in the manager research meeting process and agenda setting.
- Contributes to post meeting discussions to agree key issues and recommend a manager rating.
- Provides ad hoc support to Consultants in preparing for internal and external research meetings by gathering background information through internet searches on clients and investment managers.
- Assists in the preparation for direct client discussions on strategies
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, or other business-related areas having strong quantitative and analytical analysis
- 0 to 2 years of applicable experience and demonstrated passion for investing or finance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities while working in a rapidly changing environment
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or MBA degree
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top