A great opportunity exists in the Investment business for an Analyst. If you have an eye for detail and like working with data, and are passionate in developing yourself in this area, than this could be for you! The role of Investment Analyst is to support consultants in all aspects of investment consulting work. You will act as an analyst on large, medium and small clients and be the main contact internally and externally across several investment matters Your responsibilities will also involve:
- Producing and checking complex investment performance reports for accuracy.
- Analyzing different investment markets including evaluations of portfolio characteristics and explaining how the investment styles of various managers impact investment performance.
- Supporting investment manager searches, managed fund selection, asset allocations and other investment related project work
- Keeping clients informed of major developments within the industry, including governance issues and changes within other investment management firms
As the successful candidate you will have exposure within an analytical role and demonstrate a strong interest in Investment Consulting. Further skills and knowledge required:
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Finance, Business, Economics or other related discipline and/or studying towards CFA, CIMA or Actuarial qualifications
- An understanding of investment markets and products as well as the management of assets
- Recent graduate to one years' work experience as this is an entry level position
- Competency in numeracy and analytics
- Sound problem solving and attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity
. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.