Senior Investment Consultant III
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
The Senior Wealth Consultant will sell broad based Wealth services (including investment, actuarial and defined contribution). Additionally the consultant will manage consulting services to both new and existing clients, and develop or contribute to intellectual capital within his/her area of expertise.
Other areas of responsibility/interest may include team/unit leadership or leading manager/specialist research teams/projects. To fulfill this role, the consultant may:
- Provide consulting advice to a wide range of clients within the consultant's area of expertise.
- Lead efforts to aggressively market and expand Mercer's broad services as appropriate. Grow a book of retainer and project relationships through new business presentations, RFP responses, and joint calling with other colleagues, both within Wealth and across Mercer's lines of business.
- Maintain marketplace visibility through public speaking engagements, participating in professional societies and publication or articles in appropriate trade journals.
- Determine clients' requirements and brief the team as appropriate, providing the direction and guidance required to ensure deadlines and service standards are met. Ensure that specialist teams are involved in the provision of advice as and when appropriate.
- Peer review reports, adding client specific info and ensuring client suitability.
- Direct the work of employees in a project team and coach/mentor others.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years job-related experience
- Good knowledge of pensions industry, markets and relevant legislation.
- Good understanding of specialist tools/packages used within the practice.
- Ability to consult on Wealth products and advise clients of appropriate choices for their situation.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Ability to speak in the market about broad Wealth topics.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top