Senior International Consultant (Mercer Health & Benefits LLC – San Francisco, CA)
- Provides consulting services on global benefits governance, plan design, financial funding arrangement (multinational pooling, captive) to clients with global footprint including APAC, EMEA, and Americas.
- Coordinates the benefits insurance placement (risk benefits, health and retirement benefits) and annual renewal process in accordance with the agreed rules of road that sets benefits strategy and governance model.
- Manages merger and acquisition multi-country integration and harmonization project.
- Assists with global benefits benchmarking and leave policy review.
- Determines client requirements and briefs client team. Provides guidance and direction to ensure deadlines, service standards and budgets are met.
- Contributes information to Mercer Sales Force and ensures client records are up to date for business reporting, for both clients and prospects.
- Proactively sells and wins services to new and existing clients.
- Generates a measurable contribution in increased revenue and margins. Understands financial metrics of business and applies this to support business goals.
- Conducts period global review meetings with clients to review global appointments, country renewal status, legislation changes and market trends.
- Assists with clients with ad hoc global benefits questions on employee benefits including group insurance benefits, retirement plan, major perks, leave policy, and wellness
- Must have Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, or a related field, plus six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered or as an Actuarial Consultant Associate, Consulting Director, or a related position.
- Must have six (6) years of progressively responsible experience with the following: post-retirement, and healthcare and risk related products and services; providing strategic consulting expertise in group employee benefits design, benefits integration, vendor selection and implementation; conducting life, accident, disability, and medical plan redesign pricing and implementation; leading and conducting complex benefits benchmarking, financial modeling of group benefits plans; multinational pooling including financial review, and ongoing management for clients; providing accounting reports; ensuring compliance with regulators; and FSA Guidelines.
- Must hold the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top