Senior Human Resources Consultant
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the "big firms" offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs .
J.W. Terrill a Marsh McLennan Company in Chesterfield, MO is looking for an experienced Human Resources Consultant. This position provides Human Resource consulting services to clients in all HR related functions.
The Essential Functions of the role are as follows:
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels of interaction.
- Contribute to generation of annual revenue consulting budget by partnering with producers in all insurance lines to cross-sell HR services and maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Assist client companies to develop and improve existing HR practices, including but not limited to: policy and procedure manuals, recruitment processes, education on compliance with all local/state/federal laws in relation to employment practices, compensation projects, HR audits, customized training, dependent audits, affirmative action plans and creation of employee benefit statements.
- Respond to client HR related questions via telephone and email.
- Prepare for and conduct seminars, webinars and meetings on a variety of HR topics for clients and prospects.
- Participate in business presentations to present the capabilities of the firm to prospects and to introduce the service platform to clients.
- Travel to client locations for proposal presentations, and to deliver various HR consulting products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation for internal and external client compliance.
- Prepare articles for posting on external company blog and newsletter.
- Conduct research on federal, state and local employment laws via Internet, periodicals, and other resources.
- Develop and market new HR consulting products.
- Participate in area professional organizations for networking and benchmarking.
- Participate in developing HR consulting department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintain Human Resource Consulting files including research materials, client information, etc.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and service performed.
The Position Qualification Requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field; or equivalent advanced training in human resource/personnel management.
5-10 years Human Resource Generalist experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required; previous consulting experience preferred .
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top