Senior HR Business Partner
- New York, NY
Marsh is seeking a talented HR professional to join our New York HR team! In this role as a Senior HR Business Partner you'll be the strategic partner and principal advisor to the leadership team for US Operations and the Global Functions (which include Global Finance, Global Marketing and Communication). Partnering with C-Suite clients and Regional HR, you will be responsible for the deployment of HR initiatives with a focus on the most strategic value-creating activities for a client base consisting of ~1000 colleagues.
You will report directly to the HR Leader for our Global Functions, Operations & Technology and Placement & Specialty organizations. And you'll be part of an eight-person team spanning the UK and North America. Your ability to work with an international team and build relationships with business leaders in our highly matrix driven organization will be a hallmark of the position. You'll provide strategic advice and guidance especially focusing on the US Operations and Technology Transformation initiative supporting the expansion of Centers of Excellence to create new organization capabilities and organization design. You'll also partner with the CFO and CMO to deliver our target operating model transformation.
If you're ready to create and deliver strategic impactful changes at an enterprise level, submit your resume and let's talk about your success in the following as qualifications for the position:
- Describe how you've been a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for senior leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Share when you've played an integral part of the leadership teams, having the credibility and business knowledge to be consulted and to actively contribute to overall business decisions
- Detail the delivery of human capital programs and interventions supporting both the business plan and any higher level HR strategy
- Describe how you've been an advocate for the talent agenda and implement broader talent processes, using them to embed talent into the leadership team's operating rhythm
- Share how you've led human capital change initiatives either stand-alone or as part of a broader program as required; lead smaller change activities for specific client groups
- Detail how you've been able to execute actions resulting from organization re-design in anticipation of evolution in the business
- Describe when you've operationalized reward strategy for client businesses ensuring clear linkages amongst reward, recognition, performance, contribution and long term potential
- Advised clients on all matters of talent acquisition, retention, reward and recognition
- Supported the business on all talent management programs including executive and leadership development, performance management, succession planning, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Driven the global year-end compensation and promotion processes in partnership with clients and regional HR
- Bachelors degree in human resources, or other business-related areas; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 8 - 10 years of HR experience with at least three years experience in management and/or strategic leadership
- Extensive HR experience including time as a Business Partner to C-suite clients
- Prior experience navigating through a complex organization, handling competing priorities and goals
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of an international team to develop solutions
- Global mindset
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
#LI-AV1 #HR #HRBP #WorkforceOfFuture #Marsh #HRTransformation #OrgDesign #TalentManagement #HRBestPractices #CoEs #HRLeader #ChangeManagement #FutureCHRO #innovation #leadership #SHRM #FutureOfWork #MMC #Marsh @MarshGlobal
Back to top