Senior Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, developing solutions for retirement or delivering innovative strategies, Mercer positions their clients for success We see client's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor is the foundation for each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling our clients around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Consultant Health & Benefits
Thisis a tremendous opportunity for an experienced consultant in our growing Health & Benefits Consulting Group. We are looking for a consultant with strong leadership skills who works independentlyand has excellent client communication & management. In addition, this role will serve as a point of contact for ourcomplex and sophisticatedclients.
This involves developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers with more than 5,000 employees. This may involve developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships.
- Provide financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, and manage portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts
- Data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost sharing
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Interpret benchmark data and present to client
- Manage the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Assist in the development of project budgets and billing reports
- Participate in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Delegate to and review project work of more junior colleagues
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications
- Understand Health and Benefits products, services and tools including vendor/carrier markets, including developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Understand more advanced underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources such as H&B MercerLink by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Review data for accuracy and reasonableness; provide data template (Excel) where necessary; conduct data entry in cases where no lower level analysts are available
- BA/BS preferred
- At least four years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top