Senior Health & Benefits Consultant- Jumbo National
Do you have experience working with the largest employers in the US to set cutting edge employee benefit strategies? Do you thrive on solving analytic challenges and innovative thinking? If so, bring your expertise to Mercer where you will be working with jumbo employers to create new answers to the biggest issues they are facing.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a specialized Mercer community of consultants who focus on healthcare strategies for employers with over 15,000 lives.
As a Senior Jumbo Market Consultant, you will lead strategic health and benefit relationships and business development activities for 15,000+ life employers. Key responsibilities include developing long term health and benefits strategies for leading employers, and leading overall health and benefits client delivery teams. This role will also have national responsibilities with respect to business development and people development.
- Leads complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develops sophisticated benefits strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determines the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicates Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients and drives their participation in Mercer initiatives
- Is accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Monitors success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Uses appropriate Mercer tools and intellectual capital in the development and execution of client strategy
- Incorporates compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency, actuarial, peer review and maintaining required licensure
New Business Development
- As part of Mercer's national large/jumbo pursuit team, acts as business development lead/coach for national pursuits and participates in national group that sets business development strategy and tactics.
- Generates sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by actively participating in pursuit efforts with new clients
- Participates in brainstorming sessions on current clients focused on strengthening client relationships
- Helps identify emerging client needs and provides input on Intellectual Capital priorities
- Builds market presence by leading and presenting at industry seminars and conferences
- Leads successful regional or national marketing initiatives
- Member of Chicago Health Leadership Team
- Leads Chicago LJET (Large Jumbo )Community
- Serves as People Manager for Principal and Partner Colleagues working in the LJET space
- Assists in identifying and mentoring emerging LJET consulting talent
- Participates in local and national training sessions focused on consulting in the LJET space; including technical topics, management of large client and pursuit planning/execution
- BA/BS degree
- 15 or more years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top