Senior Health & Benefits Consultant
Mercer has an exciting opportunity available!
Mercer's San Francisco office is recruiting for asolid andexperienced Senior Health& Benefits (H&B) Consultant.
What can you expect?
The Senior Health Consultant will lead consulting engagements with 2,000+ life employers regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. Level of support provided depends on size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account - at this level the senior consultant is the client lead and is often the Mercer relationship manager.
What's in it for you?
We are the globalleader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
On dayone you'll beeligible formedical, dental, andvision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and other special benefits that are too many to name!
- This position also accrues 22 vacation days annually. And a ll employees receive 3 personal days plus 10 sick days
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determine the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients.
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- At least10 years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
What makes you ideal for the role --
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top