Senior Health and Benefit Consultant - Baltimore, MD
The Senior Health & Benefits Consultant will lead consulting engagements with middle market clients regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. To fulfill this role, the Senior Health & Benefits Consultant will:
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determine the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Uses appropriate Mercer tools in the development and execution of client strategy
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency, AFG, peer review and maintaining required licensure
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients..
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
- Cross-sell other Mercer and Marsh & McLennan Companies products and services to clients.
- Build market presence by leading and presenting at industry seminars and conferences
- Lead successful regional or national marketing initiatives
- Establish effective carrier/vendor relationships to serve clients in benefits procurement and administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.;
- Leverage Mercer's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors
- Leverage work to the most appropriate career level/grade
- Delegate effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members
- Provide mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team members
- BA/BS degree
- 10 years experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
- Completion of continuing education to maintain credentials as required
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses required
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top