Senior H&B Consultant I (Mercer Health & Benefits LLC – San Francisco, CA) EXTERNAL
- San Francisco, CA
TITLE : Senior H&B Consultant I (Mercer Health & Benefits LLC - San Francisco, CA)
- Responsible for the scope, quality, timeliness and budget of multiple client deliverables.
- Coordinate and assist teams and SMEs across business units in researching, analyzing and evaluating medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, and life and disability benefits plans and programs.
- Interact with clients and develop relationships by developing strategies to meet clients' needs and take on the role of a trusted advisor.
- Provide operational support to Mercer Market Place client teams and manage service delivery escalations.
- Provide high level financial, contract and administrative analysis.
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts and RFPs against utilization reports, industry benchmarks and Mercer analytics.
- Present recommendations and facilitate benefits strategy discussions with client executives.
- Analyze and interpret the results; edit and finalize the executive summary report and send reports to clients.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or a related field, plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered or as a Delivery Manager, Valuations Analyst, or a related position.
- Must have five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with the following: international pensions environment; global reporting; risk finance-related products within retirement sector; global valuation systems; benefits data analytics; conducting data processing; developing output and executive reports; and International Accounting Standards.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top