Senior Financial Strategy Group Consultant
Given the increase in demand for group annuity buyout transactions and supporting services, Mercer is investing in enhancing its buyout services provided to plan sponsors and fiduciaries. This investment is critical to Mercer's future growth strategy in the retirement and investment businesses, in capitalizing on the trend towards journey plan management and the adjacent services we provide.
This is a position for a market facing senior consultant who will be instrumental in growing Mercer's market share in the pension buyout market. The successful applicant will work closely with Mercer's annuity placement team based in New York. In particular, the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Driving sales for annuity placement advice and solutions (e.g. Mercer Pension Risk Exchange).
- Working with insurers from the initial bidding and price discovery process through execution and post deal transition of pension liabilities
- Liaising with Mercer's internal sales teams and delivery channels to drive sales and revenue growth, building internal reputation and brand
- Helping drive or leading Mercer's insurer engagement process in the buyout space
- Providing project leadership for larger buyout transactions and coordinating across multiple teams, internal and external parties
- Creating and evaluating marketing material and business development efforts for Mercer's annuity placement services
- Coordinating strategy and execution services with those in other geographies
- Managing change within a complex organization working with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, science or other area with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- 10-15 years of job-related experience
- Proven business development record
- Strong marketplace reputation
- Experience with large and/or complex buyout deals preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US pensions, consulting and insurance industries with appropriate licensing
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills with proven board level communications experience
- Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional qualifications e.g. MBA, CFA or FSA, preferred but not required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top