Senior Financial Analyst
Marsh has an outstanding opportunity for a strong and driven Senior Financial Analyst! If you are passionate about partnering with business colleagues to help provide strategic support for their decisions, and are very fundamentally strong in your Financial Planning & Analysis skills, we want to speak with you!
The Senior Finance Analyst will have day-to-day responsibility for financial management of the business, working collaboratively with the CFO. The company is focused on growth. It is for that reason that we are looking for someone who not only has the technical skill set but is a proactive, self-starter and has the ability to partner effectively with and challenge the business. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a willingness and ability to respond to requests from the business and finance colleagues with urgency and enthusiasm.
While this role will focus on core FP&A responsibilities - book close, forecast development, budgeting - the candidate will be expected to partner with business leaders and colleagues to provide insightful decision support around growth opportunities, metric reporting, and global consolidation.
- Perform the close, forecast, and budget process including any required reporting for the business and corporate reporting with limited oversight
- Develop/maintain financial models to enable analytics around trends, performance, and outlook
- Facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and corporate partners
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial data and business requests to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
- Foster service-focused relationships with the business leaders while effectively collaborating with other support functions
- 8+ years of experience in a corporate environment. Finance-related undergraduate or graduate degree or relevant corporate finance background preferred
- Strong technical skills paired with a creative approach to solving challenging problems
- Detail-oriented with ability to develop sound, efficient, and repeatable operational processes
- Excellent communication with ability to distill complex concepts and analysis into simple terms
- Independent, proactive, self-starter with the ability to anticipate questions and address issues in advance of them being a problem.
- Team-focused orientation with a strong customer-service philosophy
- Very high standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Nimble with ability to prioritize/multi-task in fluid environment
- The position is based in New York City
This opportunity will provide tremendous visibility and growth potential. You will be working closely with strong leaders who will develop and expand your skills. This will be within Marsh's Global Risk & Digital business; which is a very strong area of growth. Having an entrepreneurial mindset on how can we build and grow will be very helpful in this position.
If you've been looking to make an impact and flex your skills and experience with a global leader, apply today!
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top