Senior Corporate Counsel
The Senior Counsel is responsible for providing corporate advice and support on legal issues for Marsh USA Inc. Responsibilities include drafting, reviewing and negotiating a high volume of client and third-party agreements, including client service agreements, NDAs and vendor agreements. The candidate must be able to identify liability exposures and provide practical and creative solutions to both manage risk and support growth. Must be able to work independently, effectively communicate with business colleagues and exercise sound legal and commercial judgment. The ability to prioritize work and to work efficiently is a must.
- Review and negotiate a range of contract types, including template and client confidentiality agreements, template client engagement letters, consulting agreements and templates, business associate agreements and vendor -provided vendor agreements (including drafting revisions thereto), and independent contractor agreements. Advise business colleagues on compromise positions and risks relative to contract provisions. Conduct negotiations with external third parties, elevating unresolved legal issues toother members of the legal department as appropriate.
- Assist with projects such as enterprise risk management, contract efficiency and contract tracking and reporting initiatives under the supervision of in-house attorneys. Examples may include projects such as assisting in the preparation of internal client communications and conducting internal client training on topics such as confidentiality and contracting requirements, developing template reports and designing and implementing sharepoint sites or other appropriate tracking tools.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals (e.g., RFP responses) to prospective clients.
Education (degree / diploma)
- Bachelor's or University degree required
- Law Degree required
- Typically 5+ years contract review and negotiation experience
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Experience with review and independent negotiation of standardized contracts. Good understanding of contractual risk. Good working knowledge of Sharepoint, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical ability
- Exercises sound judgement and discretion with highly confidential information
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Able to organize and handle multiple priorities
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top