Senior Consultant - Property Risk Consulting, Northeast Zone
A Senior Consultant within ourProperty Risk Consulting practice is expected to technically assess risk from fire, natural hazards and related perils, provide leadership on complex accounts and work with client brokerage teams to drive beneficial outcomes for our clients . The Consultant will be involved in business development (Sales) support and generate opportunities for the growth of the practice. The Consultant is expected to provide technically sound reports, plan review letters and consultative client guidance that meets or exceeded our rigorous guidelines for quality assurance, professional deliverables, and profitability, while building positive client relationships. The job may require travel within the US and possible international travel.
• Analyzes client needs or project outline and recommends suitable approaches or options to consider.
• Uses national standards (NFPA, FM Global) and diagnostic skills to assist clients in designing and implementing solutions to property related risks.
• Probes beneath surface issues for concerns or issues that may be unclear to the client.
• Converts or translates project requirements into a work plan within a practice or technical area.
• Matches Risk Consulting products and services to meet client's key needs.
• Uses databases and IT systems to organize and track information.
• Produces creative and effective materials that reflect an understanding of client, project and technical issues.
• Performs tasks in a timely manner, in accordance with client implementation goals and measure results.
• Respect and maintain client confidentiality.
• Follows the continuous risk improvement methodology.
• Creates and delivers work plans aligned with PRC requirements for the description of a project purpose, scope, activity, deliverables and contract requirements.
• Identify and suggest new ways of applying processes and technologies.
• Manage and develop profitable project budgets, and assist with negotiating changes.
• Participates in the development of pricing of projects and securing appropriate selection of resources.
• Complies with company policy and procedures for timekeeping, expense reporting and billing
The idea candidate will have a 4 year college degree
10+ yearsProperty Loss Control experience
Excellent oral communication and technology skills are also required
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top