Senior Consultant, Employee Benefits
You will be relied upon for insight and broad knowledge of health and welfare plans. The successful candidate will have passion around developing relationships with clients and colleagues alike, along with strong industry experience with the ability to fully understand clients' benefit programs, identify gaps in coverage, listen and confidently advise clients on appropriate solutions enabling them to achieve their long-term strategy.
• Extensive knowledge of health and welfare consulting
• Resource to Consultants and Associate Consultants
• Maintain strong vendor relationships
• Manage vendor negotiations with minimal Managing Consultant (MC) assistance
• Instills confidence at all levels of a client, from CEO down
• Manages direct client relationships with minimal MC or Producer assistance
• Leads internal initiatives
• Delegates and directs Associate Consultants and Consultants without MC assistance
- Coordinate, develop and execute project plans, as well as periodic presentations for specific client groups
- Develop and manage long and short range benefit strategies for clients, foster strong client relationships
- Manage RFP process
- Manage Renewal and Implementation processes
- Benchmark survey data for client plans, summarize and validate reviewed information
- Identify and understand negotiable elements of underwriting calculations for all lines of coverage. Exercise peer group and/or management review in this process periodically
- Manage post-implementation process for all lines of coverage
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred
- 10+ years in insurance industry experience with a thorough understanding of all benefit plans (medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, etc) design, rate structures, funding alternatives and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with advanced writing skills.
- Proficient in all areas of Health & Welfare compliance (i.e. HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 5500, DOL, etc).
- CEBS Certification or other industry recognized designations preferred.
- LAH Licensure or commitment to achieving within 12 months of start date.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal staff & management, external clients, prospects and vendors.
- Shared commitment to company values; Integrity, Collaboration Passion, Innovation, Accountability
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top