Senior Compensation Consultant
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Senior Compensation Consultant supports companies in the design and execution of performance measurement and reward strategies that reinforce business objectives. A Senior Compensation Consultant works with organizations to identify the financial and people factors that drive value. As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Structuring, directing, reviewing, and interpreting analyses performed by the project team. Creating and/or reviewing client deliverables.
- Developing compensation strategies, philosophies and programs that address clients' attraction and retention needs.
- Providing consulting services to senior management on a variety of remuneration issues, including competitiveness of pay,performance measurement, and governance and regulatory implications.
- Providing consulting services on broader Human Capital issues and/or market trends.
- Designing short-term and long-term incentive programs that reinforce the clients' strategic objectives.
- Designing financial performance measurement and target-setting systems to support these compensation programs.
- Assessing current pay and program features, relative to the market and to the clients' unique situations.
- Designing and evaluating organizational job leveling structures and/or conducting job evaluation
- Generating revenue through development of new client relationships and building and maintaining strong client relationships, which will ideally lead to opportunities for project extensions, cross-selling, and referrals to new prospects.
- Managing the day-to-day interaction with clients.
- Providing guidance to team members. Supervising junior staff. Developing, evaluating, and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 8 years' experience in human resources, business, or finance-related consulting (with specific experience in broad-based compensation) or broad-based compensation in a large corporate environment.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience consulting with leading public and private companies in a variety of industries on compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, pay/performance links, incentive program design (annual and long-term), equity strategy, change in control planning, mergers and acquisitions, board compensation and other issues
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to function well in a team environment
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top