Senior Cloud Engineer/DevOps
- Engineer and implement new cloud technology solutions, primarily focus on public cloud.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of AWS and Azure public cloud technology to ensure all appropriate options are considered to support business initiatives
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the product's vision
- Work closely with multiple Project Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve IaaS and PaaS services
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Leadership and develop innovative ways to resolve issues
- Provide secondary support to private cloud, VMWare vRA/vRO environment and development efforts.
- AWS public cloud experience in development and architecture. AWS DevOps Certification required, however strong experience with desire to complete certification will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including but not limited to core IaaS (IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB) and native AWS Services (Lambda, AWS Config, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, Kubernetes and Docker, including lifecycle management of containers
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on prem solution architecture experience.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
- A commitment to best practices and striving for the elimination of manual operational processes to promote a DevOps oriented software delivery model
- Hands-on experience with VMware VSphere and VRealize Automation Platform, specifically experience with VRealize Orchestrator a plus.
- Prior experience with implementing enterprise cloud management platforms.
Back to top