Senior Client Manager
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans or developing financial strategies for retirement or aligning workers with growth & development.
Senior Client Manager
This is a tremendous opportunity to manage and develop our highly sophisticated clients. You will be responsible forleading the growth, profitability and satisfaction by expanding and diversifying the mix of products and services. This role will develop, grow and maintain the relationship between global clients and Mercer with a primary focus on clientretention, salesand revenue growth. Primary focus will include but not limited to:
- Leading discussions of HR and business issues that facilitate insights and actions
- Developing and executing an effective account strategy for complex accounts, and partnering with the client team
- Establishing relationships with client contacts at all levels with an emphasis on the C-suite
- Facilitate and influence client decision-making
- Serve as a trusted advisor in addressing complex HR issues
- Lead complex, cross-Lines of Business (LOB), cross-geography client teams
- Drive process for team information sharing and coordination
- Implement improvements based on feedback from clients to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage effective commercial relationship with client and team
- Lead development and implementation of sales plans for client portfolio
- Lead complex sales and pursuit planning to expand existing or develop new client relationships
- Partner with the Lines of Business on market-level go-to-market initiatives such as sales campaigns as well as leading and managing complex global and regional projects
- Work with the LOBs to develop solutions to meet complex client needs; utilizingbest-in-front resources to maximize opportunities
- Manage issues proactively and mitigate risks on large, complex projects
- Represent and promote Mercer in the community and at industry and client events
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the market team
- Actively contribute to market/regional initiatives
- A select group of Client Managers may have people development responsibilities
- BA/BS degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a consulting environment identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions for clients' complex human resources challenges
- Proven experience in managing, designing and executing all elements of sales and relationship management operations department, program development, sales analysis; translating findings and initiatives into business actions that drive incremental sales and profitability
- Advanced analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Deep understanding of retirement, investments, compensation, human capital management, communication, health and benefits, outsourcing, and HR technology
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow revenue through large and complex sales
- Proven ability to build senior executive relationships
- Excellent communication, organization and project management abilities
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top