Senior Client Advisor
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC) is seeking an M&A lawyer to serve as a Placement Advisor in its Transactional Risk Insurance brokerage team, recognized as global leaders in transactional insurance. The candidate will be a key part of Marsh's multi-disciplinary advisory team and will report directly to the head of the Transactional Risk Practice. The position will provide in-depth exposure to M&A deals and the insurance industry generally in a well-established, high-profile practice within the company. Responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing legal and business skills to analyze risks associated with M&A transactions and making commercial decisions relating to transactional insurance coverage with respect to complex domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Managing deal processes with clients, Marsh client executives, the clients' outside counsel, and the carriers who provide coverage in the transactional risk space.
- Establishing and expanding relationships with carriers, clients and other deal professionals, including attorneys, bankers and accountants.
- Reviewing and understanding transaction documents and risks associated with M&A transactions.
- Communicating and negotiating policy terms with lawyers, clients and underwriters.
- Preparing and presenting marketing and informational materials relating to transactional insurance and Marsh's specific product offerings.
- Two to four years of transactional / M&A experience at a major law firm
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis a plus
- Creative, commercial and practical problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial, team-oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Must obtain broker license
Back to top