Senior Client Account Consultant - Executive Benefits
Senior Client Account Consultant willmanage more complex clients, multiple product lines, multiple clients and larger scope insurance programs, related to Executive and/or Supplemental Individual Disability Insurance.
Executive and/or Supplemental Individual Disability Insurance Client Servicing
- Manages the delivery of services and the day-to-day client needs to retain accounts, establish strong client relationships and achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
- Maintains and expands client relationships by analyzing, communicating and identifying coverage gaps, ensuring that a client's risk is being managed in an optimal manner.
- Identifies important business needs of client and assist with achieving objectives by effectively communicating to the Client Executive/Program Manager. Alerts functional areas and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Maintains client required business documentation.
- Maintains files and updates management regularly on issues log, executing on documentation issues.
- Executes all cyclical event processing.
- Establishes client & carrier relationships and develops an understanding of all aspects of the client and carrier.
- Manages escalated participant issues working directly with the Client Service Analyst regarding systemic or process issues with global impact to client or book of business. Recognizing and managing the risk to protect the firm from Errors and Omissions (E&O).
- Attends conferences, client meetings and meetings with other departments. Establishes strong relationships with the client/carrier and develops an understanding of all aspects of the client. Identifies and communicates opportunities for cross-sell.
- Liaison with internal staff, operations, marketing, customer service, IT, accounting. Documents and communicates program information to various departments and understands the interdependence between departments.
- Mentors and provides feedback internally to other team members.
- Evaluates current processes and determines new solutions and process improvements, communicates those across other departments and functional areas.
- Handles special projects, makes recommendations to the Client Executive/Program Manager.
- Partners with the Client Executive/Program Manager to complete projects.
- Handles more complex client issues and makes recommendations by utilizing client service and administration expertise.
- Advises Client Executive/Program Manager and/or client/carrier of underwriting and marketing offerings.
- Attains commitment of resources required to keep client project on track, following up to ensure commitments are kept and accomplishments realized. Serves as the project leader on activities required for a smooth takeover and/or implementation of new business.
- Assesses trends and risks, elevates to management. Develops solutions to correct situations and prevent reoccurrence.
- Works with legal and compliance on E&O. Proactive risk mitigation. Handles breach/security issues.
- Supports operational and compliance audits necessary to promote the reliability and integrity of the underwriting process.
- Assists with marketing plan and reviews marketing materials and marketing loops for program accuracy prior to release.
- Implements marketing plan for the communication of the client's program to its employees, members or owners.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience in a client facing capacity, insurance and business knowledge required, with a minimum of two years client relationship experience preferred
- Possesses a solid understanding of insurance principals.
- Familiarity with project management tools. Prior experience with process documentation and data analysis tools such as Visio and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, document, and understand inter-departmental processes.
- Manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and accurate work products with a strong customer service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information concisely and effectively. Proven strong interpersonal skills including active listening and follow-up skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy with the ability to identify, analyze and solve service issues.
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to follow-through on client issues to resolution.
- Proven experience functioning as part of a team working in a high visibility client environment. Must be able to work independently but also cross-functionally.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance. Must be highly proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for position.
- Core competencies include:
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Planning and Organizing
- Communicating with Impact
Back to top