Senior Business Analyst - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Chesterfield-Maryville, MO
You will be joining the Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) Enterprise IT organization making a difference with one of the largest Insurance Brokerage companies. J.W. Terrill a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Chesterfield, MO may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Business Analyst (BA) role encompasses the responsibility in creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for MMA. The BA will be responsible for driving in depth discovery with all levels of stakeholders to gather the needed understanding of the challenges. Using the information gathered during these discovery efforts and identifying and then prioritizing technical and functional requirements is a core feature of the business analyst's role. The ability to compile those requirements and use of best practice methodology to then build an interpretation that will be used to share the understanding of what the client really wants. Reviewing the feedback and gaining approval of the interpretation(s) so that the final product will assist decision makers in priority decision making. Finally, a holistic review of the specific analyses effort as a lessons learned opportunity to continually improve the process within MMA.
This position will work closely with the entire IT support structure and business operations through the following tasks.
- Gathering and Presenting Detailed Discovery
- Creation of detailed business analysis
- Outlining Problems
- Define business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- Using best practice integrate a standard process of Business Analysis methodology that will be used by Business Analyst team
- Mentor and develop MMA Business Analyst team capabilities
- Project Support
- Assist/Support project teams with various implementations
- Help visualize technical data in a way that is meaningful to business decision makers
- Work with operational stakeholders and the project management team to assess needs and document requirements
- Engage and consult with team members on new data, business needs and opportunities to improve system effectiveness
- Assist with the development of Test(s), designed to perform confirmation and validation of project efforts that Analysis was performed on
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and consultative skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of business structure
- Proven stakeholder analysis track record
- Requirements engineering
- Processes modeling
- Understanding of networks, databases and other technology
- Insurance agency industry experience is desired
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication
- Must be very detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with agency, vendor or other personnel to understand and then document processes
- Ability to coordinate multiple initiatives while ensuring timely and accurate agency deliverables with effective problem solving and resolution skills
Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with users, agency management, regional management, agency team leads and peers
Ability to adapt to increased responsibilities
- "Agile" in both personality and development philosophy - a high degree of flexibility and the ability to deal with change and a high-pressure work environment
- Certification from any of the following is preferred but not mandatory:
- IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- IIBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA)
- IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top