Senior Benefits Manager
Do you have a passion for solving complex questions? Are you the type of person who can make the most complex topics simple to comprehend?
MMC's US Retirement team is seeking a Sr. Benefits Manager to be the expert focusing on matters related to Defined Benefit plans (tax qualified and non-qualified plans). The ideal candidate will also have broad based benefit skills that cover Defined Contributions, Health & Wellness, ERISA and legacy benefit plan issues. This colleague will collaborate cross functionally with stakeholders from all level and across all of our operating companies.
- Supports the Benefits Administration Committee and manages its various fiduciary obligations and delegations by researching, evaluating, and drafting responses to ERISA benefit claims and participant inquiries on behalf of the plan fiduciaries.
- Serves as a Departmental Lead for Defined Benefit and Compliance-related Merger & Acquisition issues by assisting with the evaluation and implementation of employee benefit plans for potential acquisitions.
- Consults with the Director of Benefits Compliance and ERISA Counsel in all aspects of employee benefits compliance support, including review of Federal and state regulations and summary plan description updates by maintaining, updating, reviewing, and revising subject matter expert changes to summary plan descriptions, and monitor such changes in the law and regulation and evaluate their impact on MMC's benefit plans.
- Prepares regulatory reporting (such as Forms 5500 and 990) and responds to applicable governmental agency inquiries.
- Manages and evaluates the benefits compliance risks to minimize potential legal action by tracking and coordinating the advancement of projects with the MMC legal department.
- Consults with members of the MMC Global Benefits Department on complicated benefit issues.
- Provides compliance management of Health & Welfare and Retirement related participant and vendor issues.
- Manages responses to subpoenas, including the production of participant and applicable plan documentation; review participant and plan-wide communications; manage grandfathered non-qualified retirement plans.
- Bachelor's degree required, JD desirable
- 12+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of consulting experience desirable
- Must have deep subject matter expertise with Defined Benefit plan (tax qualified and non-qualified plans, 409A, ERISA)
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to present and articulate complex concepts in simple terms
- Team oriented with strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams i.e. Legal, Tax, HR, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Demonstrate passion for continuous learning
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects yet still be able to focus on technical details
- Capable of thriving in a dynamic changing environment
- Demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top