Senior Benefit Consultant
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Health & Benefits (H&B) Senior Health & Benefits Consultant will manage and advise Mid-Market clients for employers with less than 2,000 employees. The Consultant will develop guiding principles and strategies for their client's medical, dental, life and disability benefit programs. The Consultant will assist their Mercer team in negotiating contracts and fees with our carriers and vendor partners to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. They will manage their block of business with their teams and the level of support will depend on the client size, as well as complexity. To fulfill this role, the Senior Health & Benefits Consultant will:
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determine the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Uses appropriate Mercer tools in the development and execution of client strategy
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency, actuarial, peer review and maintaining required licensure
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients.
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
- Cross-sell other Mercer and Marsh & McLennan Companies products and services to clients.
- Build market presence by leading and presenting at industry seminars and conferences
- Lead successful regional or national marketing initiatives
- Establish effective carrier/vendor relationships to serve clients in benefits procurement and administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments)
- Leverage Mercer's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors
- Leverage work to the most appropriate career level/grade
- Delegate effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members
- Provide mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team members
- BA/BS degree
- 10 years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
- Completion of continuing education to maintain credentials as required
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top