Senior Analyst - IT PostgreSQL Database Admin / Engineer
- Jersey City, NJ
Senior DBA (PostgreSql & Oracle RDBMS)
As a Senior DBA with PostGres and Oracle expertise, he/she will:
- Provide an extensive input into the architecture and processes for multiple large and complex PostGres and Oracle database environments.
- Be responsible for interacting with both the application and system infrastructure teams to design and implement complex databases and manages the integration of these databases with applications.
- Apply expert technical knowledge to significant deliverables and projects that have enterprise impact and involve multiple IT departments and business units.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, DevOps engineers on the database needs of PostGres based applications and optimize them using PostGres.
- Work closely with Data Architects and DBAs to help implement migration strategies from Oracle to PostGres or wherever required.
- Work closely with the DBA leads on Budgeting and capacity planning, as well as systems performance and uptime management.
- Provide expert level guidance to a team of DBA's whose primary responsibilities include providing database administration for production databases, production Oracle application servers, and several development databases.
- Act as a primary touchpoint on the most complex or escalated issues and provide direction and guidance team members for quick resolution.
- Align with architecture team to bring in new databases and methodologies as required during the enterprise IT transformation and modernization efforts.
- BS - Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field of study
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in PostGres with expert level knowledge of DBA skills using Oracle 11g/10g. Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Oracle using Oracle Rac and standalone in 12c/11G versions.
- Must be able to perform Database Engineering tasks (backup /restore / data loads / performance tuning) and Architecture activities (server build out and patching) in PostGres.
- Experience with table partitioning and sharing for distributed PostgreSQL XL or Citus / Greeenplum.
- Setup implement best practices in Backup recovery and Disaster recovery activities.
- Must have expertise in installation, configuration, upgrade, migration & administration of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) for versions 11g/12c using ASM/ACFS
- Experience with Database Encryption technologies such as Oracle TDS and or Vormetric is preferred.
- Superior level Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting skills and perform database maintenance and Optimizations tasks such as index usage analysis, AWR analysis, index management, statistics, partition management, data compression etc.
- MUST have Experience in Unix/Linux and Shell scripting.
- Setup, configure, troubleshoot and monitor Disaster recovery using Oracle Dataguard 11g & 12c RAC Databases as per Oracle best practices
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting OEM 11g/12c and ability to write custom scripts for automation of routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications
- Design and implement processes for database backups, restores and recovery models using RMAN
- Preferred Qualifications
Prior experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016/2017 (cluster & standalone db instance
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top