Senior Advisory Representative
- Houston, TX
Senior Advisory Representative
Marsh & McLennan Companies has an opportunity to join our team as a Senior Advisory Representative.
This position is for a developing professional individual contributor in Advisory who works under moderate supervision. He or she assists with preparing proposals and presentations, cultivates relationships with team members and clients, and advises clients on simple risk management solutions. He or she also participates in all aspects of year two of the graduate trainee program.
- Gains subject matter expertise in specific risk exposures and/or sales areas to master knowledge in a particular area of expertise and better serve clients.
- Advises smaller clients on risk management solutions which align to their strategic imperatives and risk exposures.
- Participates in internal strategy meetings to better understand and help build company strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry, risk and insurance markets to create the program submission including the coverage specifications.
- Prepares proposal components for review by more senior Advisory colleagues, including the analysis of: pricing, coverage terms and conditions, services, quote comparisons, financing, commentary and recommendations.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with clients and team colleagues to effectively service clients and assist Advisory colleagues.
- Participates in all aspects of the graduate trainee program, year two.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong technical and computer skills - MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint at the intermediate and above proficiency level
- College degree required
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top