Senior Adminstrative Assistant
- Phoenix, AZ
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support an individual or group by providing an in-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools required. Must handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity while communicating openly and often among team members. Continually strives to promote smooth workflow and ensure client and employee needs are met. Ensures Mercer standards are used in all document production.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Administrative Assistant can expect to:
- Utilize strong critical thinking, discretion and follow-through skills to monitor and manage various tasks and projects on behalf of leadership team
- Edit and create documents using advanced technical skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Mercer's global identity/document standards
- Provide editorial peer review of documents before final production/distribution to ensure quality control of final product
- Manage Partner and Senior Consultants' calendars, schedule meetings, and arrange travel for the department to optimize work performance.
- Arrange domestic travel; process and/or coordinate completion of expense reports in a timely manner while adhering to best practices and expense control
- Handle monthly client invoicing (using Mercer's proprietary system), including project code set-up/ management
- Handle higher level internal and external inquiries to support high level of customer satisfaction and communication.
- Assist team with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned.
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and experience are required:
- Minimum High School Diploma required. College degree preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience, preferably in a consulting environment or professional service industry. 5 or more years' administrative experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Must have outstanding written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong judgment, discretion, confidentiality and decision making skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Basic project management skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the capability to work well under pressure to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with the ability to make decisions with limited direction
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Must have flexibility to work additional hours at short notice, as needed, to meet department goals; the work will, at times, require extended and irregular hours to perform essential duties
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com .
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's more than 20,500 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients' greatest resource - their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer's Employee Health and Benefits business. Mercer's Employee Health and Benefits business has the world's largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.co
Back to top