Senior Administrative Coordinator
This position is for a recognized specialist in the administrative field, who will be responsible for daily administrative operations. The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support and strategic partnership to the Practice leader and their team. This position is integral to ensuring the continuity of administrative operations by resolving complex issues, discovering irregularities, and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information. They will work on a variety of assigned tasks and special projects.
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Utilize strong critical thinking, discretion and follow-through skills to monitor and manage various tasks and projects on behalf of leadership team
- Organize and prioritize own tasks, as well as assist with executive's projects and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when dealing with timely issues
- Anticipate what is needed through experience, communication, observation, and planning
- Maintain grace under pressure and not allow emotional reactions to cloud judgement; mistakes are minimal and quickly corrected
- Focus on both daily and longer-range calendar. Manage leader's personal calendar as directed. Makes mid-trip changes on the fly when circumstances warrant. Needs minimal direction on calendar management. Recommends travel options; books travel for executive(s) and their staff.
- Ensure executive is prepared for all items on his/her calendar; providing an explanation of what is required in the calendar meeting notes and communicates this to their executive in preferred format
- Gather or compile all relevant documents for meetings or travel (agendas, etc.)
- Screen communications for action items and due dates, bringing key items to the executive's or staff's attention. Initiates necessary actions (e.g., follow-ups, prioritizations, action required, etc.). Drafts responses for executive review.
- Edit and create documents using advanced technical skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Mercer's global identity/document standards
- Process expense reports in a timely manner
- Book flights, hotels, and cars correctly and with all preferences considered and that the details are included clearly and completely on calendar and in any other form requested; adjustments are made in a timely manner when changes arise and ensuring Itineraries are efficient in both time and cost
- Handle complex internal and external inquiries to support high level customer satisfaction and communication.
- Undertake more complex administrative duties with specific projects as required.
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Must possess excellent typing skills, strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate well with others
- Must be able to operate general office equipment, such as copy machine, scanner and multi-line telephone system
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top