Senior Administrative Assistant
- Philadelphia, PA
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Mercer - Career Consulting - Philadelphia
We're looking for the glue that helps keep our consulting team together. This position is more than answering phones, planning travel and running project reports - it's being an integrated team member, and having fun doing great things.
You will be part of a team that provides best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies. The Career team consults on a wide array of workforce solutions, including talent strategy, employee and executive rewards, compensation design, talent mobility, HR and digital transformation, employee communication & change management, and workforce strategy & analytics and diversity. What you'll work on from one day to the next will change; we promise you won't be bored.
To fulfill this role, you will be part of a four person administrative team that provides the following support:
- Act as a central contact person and liaison for external clients, internal colleagues and vendors, and communicate on behalf of consultants.
- Use financial systems to set up projects, run monthly financial reports and prepare client invoices. For this role, we need someone who is confident with numbers and understands the basics of finance and revenue recognition.
- Manage vendor relationships by processing invoices, following up on payment status, supporting contract management, etc.
- Make travel, appointment and meeting arrangements, including internal colleague event planning.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain a team calendar.
- Scheduling to support recruiting and learning activities, etc.
- Prepare expense reports and keep consultants on track to submit their expenses on a monthly basis.
- Provide technical assistance during conference calls, presentations, projections, audiovisual presentations, etc.,
- Conduct research, compile data and provide findings to support project work. Also, prepare website analytics reports for many of our digital clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple responsibilities and work efficiently under limited supervision.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with external customers, vendors and colleagues.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Good problem solving and judgment capabilities with strong initiative.
- Very tech savvy with the ability to navigate multiple systems without assistance. A strong desire to learn how things work and to become the expert.
- Resourcefulness - you don't have to have all of the answers, you just have to be willing to find out who does (and yes, sometimes that's Google).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel skills.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top