Senior Actuary- (Re)insurance
This position is for a seasoned actuarial professional with reinsurance experience based in Seattle, WA. The candidate is expected to be able to works independently and with minimal supervision, build complex analyses to evaluate risk, analyze industry factors that affect loss liabilities, and consult with clients on reinsurance services that assess and mitigate risk.
The candidate must have strong communication skills with all levels of colleagues, the ability to work collaboratively across functions and offices, and a keen sense of knowing how to work in teams and independently.
- Consults with brokers on client's needs and advises on reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level and industry trends to help clients mitigate risk
- Performs complex calculations using specialty models with client data to assess a range of risk exposures and predict outcomes for clients
- Delivers actuarial reviews and determines renewal premiums with brokers based on the modelling output from the client data in support of reinsurance transaction process
- Advises clients on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities which may impact their business
- Implements complex MetaRisk analysis and uses the model to assess risk and develop pricing and strategies for a range of risk exposures for clients
- Establishes and maintains relationships with brokers and clients to support new business development within reinsurance actuarial services
- 6-10 years of property & casualty experience
- Reinsurance experience preferred
- Pricing experience preferred
- Capital modeling experience a plus
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top