- Jersey City, NJ
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Technical Accountant in our Hoboken, NJ location! The right person has an in-depth knowledge on existing and new US GAAP accounting standards. You will use this knowledge to advise internal colleagues on best practices and help with technical accounting inquiries. This position will include accounting research, drafting of technical accounting memos and refreshing accounting policies. It will also have a great deal of ad hoc/special projects to be presented to members of the Controllership Senior Leadership Team. Strong technical accounting, writing and project management skills are important. If this sounds like you and you are interested in taking your career to the next level, we want to speak with you!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops global accounting policies and procedures to ensure dissemination and consistency of accounting policy globally.
- Coordinates and helps to execute the completion of special projects, in particular the implementation of new Accounting standards globally.
- Conducts research and documents conclusions on specific accounting matters that arise within the Global Controller network including new guidance from the SEC and FASB
- Provides responsive, competent service and information to regional financial management.
- Education: four year degree in Accounting; CPA, CA or MBA required Experience:
- Minimum five to seven years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a significant plus, insurance industry experience a plus
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and applicability of accounting principles and practices
- Solid Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Possesses strong people skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top