Senior Account Executive, Benefits (MMA Southwest)
- Fort Worth, TX
JOB TITLE: Senior Account Executive, Employee Health & Benefits
JOB TYPE: FLSA Exempt
REPORTS TO: SVP of Client Services - Employee Health & Benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees and manages MMA resources in the delivery of benchmark service to clients. Generally, this position is a very experienced individual contributor who manages 4-5 very complex accounts. This position is matrixed to a specific Producer or Producers under whose auspices the Account Executive is fully responsible and accountable for the total management of specific clients and/or is the primary resource to specific account managers on other. Act as Leader of Account Management Teams to specifically:
- Coach, mentor and train Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers, Benefit Analysts and other team members as requested by the Vice President of Client Services, Region Benefits Practice Leader, sponsoring Producer/Partner, location Head of Office, or as appropriate to the needs of the Account Manager Team and/or client.
- Partnering with the Region Client Services Management team, will play an active role in the supervision and management of the support team, including participation in the employee review process.
- Successful performance will be in part evaluated on the growth and development of supporting staff.
- Responsible for all strategies and actions leading to overall customer satisfaction and ongoing client retention.
- Oversee and manage and execute the delivery of client calendar/timeline milestones, typically with matrixed support by Account Management Team members.
- Regular meetings and other communication with appropriate client contacts to assess, maintain, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and manage the quality of service delivered to the client by MMA team members and carriers/vendors.
- Monitor, manage, and facilitate the resolution by carriers/TPAs/vendors and MMA team members of escalated service issues.
- Participate in and contribute to the RFP process and finalist presentations in order to win new business and retain existing clients.
- Ensure adherence to and completion of Agency workflow/timeline checklists that set minimum service requirements for MMA clients.
- Consult with clients and make strategic plan design recommendations based on valid client data and information. Plan design recommendations that align with clients' business strategy, culture, and priorities and should focus on trend management.
- Maintain knowledge and command of carrier/vendor products and services and effectively deliver appropriate carrier/TPA recommendations and product and service solutions to clients.
- Maintain knowledge and command of MMS services, resources and capabilities, and leverage them appropriately on behalf of clients.
- Consult with clients and deliver appropriate funding arrangement recommendations based on client priorities and needs. Includes recommendations on stop loss providers, contracts and financial elements for self-funded clients.
- Presentation of financial/risk management reports providing data and information pertinent to risk management, plan design recommendations, products/services recommendations, renewal projections/planning, budget planning, etc.
- Mastery level knowledge and command of iCAF capabilities and services and Milliman capabilities and services.
- Developing, maintaining and expanding business relationships with key client decision makers and senior leaders, often C-suite level.
- Developing, maintaining and expanding relationships with key HR/Benefits team members.
- Regularly present and review plan performance reports and renewal projections.
- Mastery level knowledge and command of all EB capabilities and services.
- Conduct pre-renewal planning meetings.
- Consult with clients and make recommendations for renewal strategies.
- Works with the Account Manager to manage renewal bid/RFP strategy and process (Workflow Timeline compliance is the Account Manager's responsibility).
- Deliver renewal presentations.
- Manage ongoing carrier/TPA/Vendor renewal negotiations on clients' behalf.
- Deliver final renewal recommendations to clients.
- Make recommendations for additional products/services and for expanding broker/consultant services.
- Manage and monitor revenue levels on all clients and work with Producers to develop strategies and actions for negotiation of commissions/fees.
- Work with Account Manager &/or may work with clients to complete renewals and transition into installation/implementation process.
- Monitor, manage and lead the Account Team as they manage/coordinate the implementation, installation and enrollment process and activities.
- Monitor and manage carrier/TPA/vendor implementation, installation, and enrollment activities.
- Participate in MMA marketing activities and events.
- Represent MMA at conferences, meetings, councils, community events.
- Participate in and contribute to RFP process and presentations in order to win new business and retain existing clients.
- Maintain Texas Life, Health & Accident License and other necessary licenses.
- Complete continuing education requirements.
- Maintain market competitive knowledge.
- Maintain knowledge of carriers/TPAs/vendors strengths, weaknesses, products and services.
- Maintain and effectively leverage relationships with carrier/TPA/vendor representatives and managers.
- Maintain and effectively leverage knowledge of provider networks.
- Manage and monitor revenue generated by each account and work with Producers to negotiate appropriate agency revenue levels for each individual client.
- Contribute positively to MMA culture and morale, and exhibit and exemplify MMA core values - integrity, win/win business approach, positive attitude, commitment to excellence, client focus, agency loyalty, support of agency vision/mission/strategies, treat internal teammates and external customers/partners with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert in designated areas of expertise.
- Coach, mentor and train Account Executives, Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers, Benefit Analysts and other team members as requested by the Vice President of Client Services or Region Benefits Practice Leader, or sponsoring Producer/Partner, or as appropriate to the needs of the Account Management Team and/or clients.
- Meet or exceed MMA standards of excellence, including but not limited to:
- Process mail, email, and phone requests on a daily basis.
- Initiate own correspondence with clients.
- Ensure that items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
- Maintain files and records in an orderly, timely manner and in accordance with agency policy and processes, including effective use of Electronic Documentation System.
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional appearance and image.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures within the MMA employee handbook.
- Adhere to security and compliance requirements, appropriately manage/protect PHI and PII, and protect agency intellectual capital
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- (Internal) 15+ years of Account Manager experience (including at least 5-7 years in Executive or Sr. Account Manager role),
- (External) At least 15 years of Account Executive or Manager experience, ideally with an agency, and in account management, account executive, and/or sales roles. Benefits experience with a carrier or employer may also be considered.
- If no designation, then 15+ years of experience as an Account Executive or Manager
- Mastery level knowledge of benefits products, services, market dynamics, carriers/TPAs/vendors, fully insured and alternative funding arrangements.
- Proven track record of success in client management, account management, executive level relationship building, negotiations, sales/marketing, renewals, financial reporting & analysis, client consultations, presentations, revenue management.
- Ability to fully manage, renew and retain clients without Producer/Partner involvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially email, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient with PowerPoint.
- Active Texas Life, Accident & Health License.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers .
Back to top