Security Engineer - Security Operations Center
Security Engineer - SOC - Based in either of these locations - London, Milton Keynes, Liverpool or Exeter
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Engineer to join our team based in Tower Hill, London or the Milton Keynes office working for Marsh & McLennan Companies.
This is a technical, hands-on role within the mission-critical production environment. The Security Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and maintaining network security infrastructure, as well as responding timely and appropriately to security events or incidents and change requests.
- Expert level knowledge of firewall, IDS/IPS and Web proxy technologies and management.
- Experience in developing and deploying critical security architecture solutions such as SEIM, DLP, and Host security solutions.
- Hands-on experience with APT/DPI technology such as FireEye.
- Perform detailed analysis of security logs in an attempt to identify events, incidents and resolution.
- Possess a comprehensive understand a variety of network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, ATM, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Utilize network sniffer tools to perform packet analysis.
- Strong understanding of data privacy and information security principles.
- Strong technical writing, documentation, and communication skills necessary to create and present findings to C-level management.
- Will establish strong working relationship with security vendors and internal peers to continually improve Security Operating Centre operations capabilities.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top