Sales Producer Development Manager - MMA Midwest, Ohio
- Dayton, OH
SUMMARY: The Producer Development Manager supervises a team of professional level sales colleagues across the region and is responsible for planning and directing activities to provide structure and resources necessary to develop our new producers into successful, fully commissioned producers.
- Assist producers with prospect identification, client acquisition and relationship management skills.
- Sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results.
- Develops and delivers measurable objectives to conduct performance evaluations with producers.
- Develops and delivers policies and objectives to ensure the most effective operation of the producer training program and other operational and insurance education for producers.
- Coordinates and leads MMA sales trainings including the MMA Align Program
- Aids and supports producers in applying training principles and learned behaviors to prospect and client interactions
- Acts as the subject matter expert on sales techniques for routine accounts, best-practices for sales efforts and initiatives, product and solution insights and negotiation tactics.
- Works with internal and external resources to continue to refine producer education, focusing more on those things which will shorten the time to validation and straight commission.
- Champions the Accelerate methodology, the Salesforce.com system, and the other sales-related systems and programs for training and sales success
- Coaches Sales team on availability and usage of the MMA/Marsh resources
- Collaborates with Leadership and niche-focused Producers to identify opportunities for individual producers to pursue those niches, leveraging our sales and service efficiencies.
- Works to attract top producer prospects through participation in recruiting workshops, events and programs.
- Provides guidance to other Producers who are engaged as Mentors to new Producers; ensures participation in research meetings and sales presentations providing constructive feedback throughout the mentor process
- Manages producer expense reimbursements
- Ensures compliance with corporate programs and policies
- Actively participates and contributes as part of the management team, providing advice and counsel to the Executive Team on all relevant issues and developments.
- Participates in events and conferences representing the Agency and keeping a broad and powerful professional network.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Experience working in industry preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in coaching or training sales professionals
- Minimum of 5 years managing or leading professional colleagues
- Active P&C or L&H insurance license preferred
- Must actively utilize all company systems and programs effectively
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be highly motivated to generate and sell new business and ensure high rate of client retention
- Must communicate and work effectively to set expectations of the sales team and ensure measurements in place for accountability
- Commitment to training and continuous learning and interest in developing and leading others
- Possess excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills for highest levels of personal accountability and actionable results
- Must have transportation to travel between offices, to event locations and other required destinations and must maintain a valid driver's license; Must be able to provide his/her own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage only
- Demonstrate our Values
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Back to top