Sales Intern - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Chesterfield-Maryville, MO
- Chesterfield, MO
Why choose MMA?
Because it's your choice. Make a career. Make a difference.
Explore the opportunity. Combine your energy, passion and drive for excellence with MMA's vision to be a world-class leader, revolutionizing our industry and our colleague and client experience and it could be the perfect match.
Interested? Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA-St. Louis) located in Chesterfield, MO may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career. With MMA you can create a career that matters.
J.W. Terrill's professional summer internship program is a robust eleven week program that will give students exposure to multiple areas of business to gain real-world experience while working in the insurance industry.
As a Sales Intern, the student will learn to how to effectively manage relationships, prospecting new business, retaining renewal business, and addressing customer service needs. This is a paid internship and you may receive school credit for this position.
Client Services has the following internship slots available within the Agency:
- Business Insurance - Sales Intern
- Employee Health and Benefits - Sales Intern
- Learn how to handle day-to-day sales activities for clients such as prospecting, relationship management, client retention, processing and invoicing endorsements, audits, new business, renewals, and other documentation.
- Learn how to assist clients in selecting appropriate coverage that provides the best insurance protection for their assets and liabilities.
- Learn how to gather and prepare submission information for new and renewal business along with coordinating the marketing process.
- Learn how to conduct on-line rating and use of insurance analysis tools.
- Learn how to prepare a formal proposal from information provided by the Producer, Marketer, and Underwriter.
- Learn how to bind coverage per agency binding guidelines.
- Learn how to check policies for accuracy against applications, proposals, and binding instructions then request necessary corrections and follow through to successful completion.
- Assist Sales Producers with client sales process.
- Assist designated Service Units with timely and quality handling of new business, renewal business, and customer service needs including endorsements, audits, and policy checking.
- Maintain and update computer database after processing endorsements, audits, new business, renewals, and other documentation.
- Analyze and research coverage options and issues.
- Shadow assigned Sales staff members and Service staff including Producers, Account Administrators, Account Managers, and Unit Managers.
- Collaborate with other summer interns to complete a final project and presentation to senior management.
- Attend J.W. Terrill summer seminar series as scheduled.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Ideal candidate will have completed two (2) semesters of college course work studying in an area of business. Some insurance, risk management or finance courses preferred but not required.
Cumulative GPA 3.0 minimum
Work Schedule :
Be present for the full eleven (11) week program unless approved time off (flexible with summer vacations)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to make a career and difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
You can apply your talent in bold ways that make a difference - at MMA. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Back to top