Safety & Compliance Consultant, MMA Midwest - Ohio
SUMMARY: The Safety & Compliance Consultant provides quality risk consulting services to Property & Casualty clients within the transportation, automobile or fleet industry. This position supports the sales team in prospecting and client retention and will provide services to help reduce clients' exposure to loss and ensure clients are in compliance with governmental agencies such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc. This position specializes in assisting clients with compliance and safety programs including CSA and SMS Scores.
- Develops risk management strategies focused on safety & loss prevention strategies
- Assists client in developing policies and procedures with driver incentive programs, setting required education measures and disciplinary processes for drivers, and accident reduction programs
- Performs policy, system and environment assessments, including site assessments and safety audits to determine potential loss causing issues as well as non-compliance with governmental regulations including DOT reviews and OSHA assessments
- Specializes in understanding CSA investigations and implementation
- Provides safety & compliance expertise to Sales Team and clients on specific issues
- Researches and investigates safety and compliance regulatory restrictions and rulings to assist client inquiries
- Provides client employee training including new hire safety orientation, continuing safety and compliance education, and hazardous material training and additional presentations to clients
- Support client safety personnel on investigations, preparations or inquiries
- Maintains relationships with carriers and vendors to ensure products and services are meeting client standards
- Serves as liaison between Producers, Account Mangers, Agency Compliance Directors, and Legal Counsel to ensure client concerns regarding compliance are addressed
- Stays current on safety and compliance legal developments including Federal Regulations and communicates with management, client and staff as appropriate
- Maintain relationship as a part of the trucking community and a special liaison regarding transportation safety, compliance and industry trends
- Assists with special projects as directed by Agency management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years experience incorporating responsibility for the development and administration of occupational safety and health programs within transportation industry. Must have thorough knowledge of OSHA, DOT and safety regulations.
- 2-4 years minimum commercial insurance experience with either an insurance broker/agency or carrier
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Property & Casualty license preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including listening, speaking and writing
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, clients and carriers.
- Strong organizational, research, analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients by demonstrating basic knowledge of the client's business needs, and assessing their needs, instilling confidence, resolving issues, following through on commitments and deadlines, and tapping all available resources in order to meet the client's needs
- Ability to use problem-solving skills to identify and solve problems or offer solutions using knowledge of the client as well as legal and insurance knowledge
- Engages in professional behaviors and practices, contributes to a work climate that promotes productivity and employee motivation, and accepts responsibility for personal actions and decisions
- Must have transportation to travel between offices, to event locations and other required destinations and must maintain a valid driver's license; Must be able to provide his/her own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage only
- Demonstrate our Values
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top