The Risk Manager at Marsh & McLennan Companies has the rare opportunity to serve as one of the top internal risk professionals in a business that provides industry-leading risk management solutions for clients. The role will report to the Head of Risk Management of MMC. Among other duties, the Risk Manager will work with MMC and its four Operating Companies to oversee all aspects of the global insurance program.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Directs broker activities, including annual renewal of coverage and adjustment of coverage for acquisitions and divestitures
- Advises senior management on insurance needs and coverage alternatives
- Provides technical expertise to support the operations of four captive insurance companies
- Assists in the resolution of claims by acting as a liaison between brokers, insurers, loss control experts, Real Estate and HR
- Leads risk management due diligence on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and new locations
- Develops and executes strategies to minimize the company's total cost of risk
- Demonstrates financial acumen and a command of the risk management budget, including premium allocation methodologies
- Lends subject matter expertise as a member of the Company's Business Resiliency, Life Safety and Kidnap & Ransom Committees
- Supports Enterprise Risk Management initiatives
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and continually searches for a smarter way to meet the team's responsibilities
- Exhibits strong written and oral communications skills
- Supervises two support staff and has a demonstrated track record of retaining and developing great talent
- Provides thought leadership at industry functions and client events 14
- Above all, acts with integrity and exhibits sound judgment.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top