Risk Management Advisor - Commercial Lines - St. Louis
This position will develop and implement individualized sales plans for commercial insurance products and coordinate service of accounts, deliver renewals on a timely basis and secure quotes when necessary, and manage the retention of existing customers.
- Establish a network of referrals and sales leads using an organized prospecting system.
- Generate leads by cold calling and following up with correspondence.
- Assist clients in selecting appropriate coverage that provides the best insurance protection for their assets and liabilities.
- Participate in community/professional organizations, civic activities or other less structured social activities to generate sales leads.
- Ensure formal proposal is prepared and oral presentation is made to client.
- Ensure receipt of signed contract when applicable.
- Regularly monitor current business and potential leads for opportunities for total account selling, distributing leads to other departments and/or assisting in the sale of employee group benefits, personal and surety business.
- Ensure the retention and maintenance of all accounts by working effectively and efficiently within production unit, utilizing Marketers, Account Managers, Account Coordinators and Tech Unit. Coordinating regular and frequent customer contact and maintaining good customer relations.
- Assist carriers in dealing with the clients regarding claims issues and assist in audit dispute resolutions and audit dispute resolutions.
- Maintain professional ethics according to insurance standards, J.W. Terrill standards and licensing laws in the State of Missouri.
- Travel to client sites via auto, plan, or other modes of transportation.
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years previous commercial lines or industry related insurance sales experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, and board of directors.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to wok within a team framework.
- Computer skills: PC operation at intermediate level, including word processing and spreadsheet ability. Standard software programs utilized: Word, Excel, email, internet industry specific software: Sagitta Browser.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment and Word Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: PC and associated software, printer, fax, telephone (including cellular), copier, calculator
- MO Producer's license
- On the job training time: one or two years depending on previous experience.
- Physical/Visual Activities or demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include vision and ability to adjust and focus.
- Work Environment: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Primarily normal office conditions; the noise level in the environment is moderate. Occasional exposure to weather conditions when entertaining clients and visiting client or carrier locations. Possible exposure to loud noises, and dangers associated with commercial industries like manufacturing and construction, such as exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and other related risks.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top