- San Francisco, CA
- Analyzes client data and compiles research results using spreadsheets, company databases and other computer systems to help with the development of client solutions.
- Writes research reports for assigned accounts, highlighting their business risks to assist Broker.
- Cultivates a thorough understanding of markets to better assist Broker
- Supports negotiation activities with carriers, and secures and compares submissions to provide the best service to clients.
- Participates in the analysis of clients' existing programs and requirements by reviewing current policies and formulating recommendations for customized risk solutions to assist Broker in developing client solutions.
- Assists team members with the development of underwriting specifications and preparation of proposal presentations for existing and prospective clients.
- Attends client meetings as a part of the team to learn more about the business and better assist clients and Brokers.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Relevant work experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintain good client, reinsurer, and internal relationships
- Good ability to organize and pay attention to detail
- Good verbal and writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues at many levels
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience
- Good problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- General knowledge of business principle and industry trends
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top