Revenue Billing Analyst
- Boston, MA
As a Revenue Billing Analyst at MMCyou will work with Partners of the firm on revenue recognition details and invoicing to clients. Each Analyst will support roughly twenty to thirty Partners on each of their sold projects. On a monthly basis they will reach out to evaluate the completion status of each project. Within their review of each project, they must make sure all revenue guidelines and procedures are being followed and push back to the Partners when needed.
- Review contracts for each project sold by Partners in which incumbent will manage and set up new projects as they are sold.
- Understand the contractual language to ensure we are following proper criteria (such as written acceptance) on each case.
- Work with Partners on a monthly basis to understand completion status and recognize/adjust revenue appropriately.
- Ensure client invoices are being sent in accordance with the contract or based on instructions from the Partner.
- Work with external clients on outstanding payments or additional back up needs in order for payment to be processed, such as expense receipts or billing and receipt history.
- Once a code is created, incumbent will need to request a signed contract or persuasive evidence to ensure an agreement with the client exists.
- Prior to receiving a signed contract, incumbent must manage the monthly forecast by alerting upper management to the potential risks of pushing out revenue due to lack of PE.
- Assist in running monthly reports to be distributed to case managers.
- Will be required to understand the reports so incumbent can answer questions that will come up about case profitability, billing rates, contractual office, and other case economics.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in any additional projects that might arise; such as time-sheet review, expense analysis by case, and providing support for both internal/external audits.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and 2 years related work experience
- Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously, while prioritizing tasks and delivering timely solutions to both internal and external clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to be a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top