Retirement Plan Specialist (MMA-NE)
- Paramus, NJ
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
This candidate must be comfortable working in the Corporate Retirement Plans area with an ability to support and service Corporate Retirement accounts. Must have the ability to qualify prospects, draft RFP's, analyze the results, aid in crating the proposal and oversee plan implementations. There must be a proven track record with retirement plan servicing in order to conduct effective Employee enrollment meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and provide assistance to clients regarding retirement plan investments, plan provisions, administration, record keeping matters, along with troubleshooting plan issues with the provider and/or TPA and provide effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the implementation of new retirement plan accounts, as well as the transition of existing accounts to new record keepers and or new provider platforms.
- Prepare documents to formulate a Request for Information (RFI) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) for new prospects or existing clients.
- Be able to work with the provider and producer to develop meeting ready reports for periodic trustee plan review meetings.
- Organize and develop workflow for effective employee enrollment and education campaigns.
- Coordinate any merger, acquisition, divestiture or plan termination activities - Both employer and participant level.
- Review plan parameters and information to aide with new business opportunities and to support analysis for existing clients for plan design and pricing upgrades.
- Analyze retirement plan data to conduct investment fee and performance comparison between current and proposed fund selections and providers.
- Coordinate plan data to submit to outside vendors for benchmarking analysis.
- Promote and encourage creative and innovative approaches to improving client satisfaction.
- Review and negotiate carrier contracts
- Work with investment analysis tools for effective meeting preparation
- Series 6 or Series 7, Series 63 required.
- Series 65 not required initially but would be preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with Corporate Retirement Plan Clients required
- Confident working with both 401 (K) and 403 (b) Plans from the trustee level down to the employee and plan participant level
- Comfortable with Fund analysis spreadsheets comparing investment selections versus peer group and corresponding index, as well as risk analysis
- Must be extremely organized with exceptional mathematic analysis skills as well as clear and concise written and oral communication.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of fees and expenses relating to corporate retirement accounts and contracts and vendor proposals
- Well versed in Trustee and Fiduciary Responsibilities as well as Fiduciary Protection programs
- Understanding of Plan Documents, Adoption Agreements, Testing and Federal Filings
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Back to top