Retirement Consulting Actuarial Analyst
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security and you're a whiz at calculations and data analysis, an actuarial career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. We're an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we're looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As part of Mercer's Wealth business, you'd support your client team in delivering actuarial consulting services to retirement plan sponsors of mid-size to large organizations. Here's a summary of some things you'll need to do in this role:
- Develop liabilities for defined benefit pension plans and post-retirement medical and life plans using Mercer's valuation software
- Analyze data, review, and reconcile participant information used for valuation and administration
- Calculate plan sponsor contribution requirements and accounting results and produce client-facing reports
- Create individual statements that outline participant pension benefit information
- Complete annual regulatory requirements for retirement plans, including government filings and audit assistance
- Assist with special projects and client presentations, including retirement plan design & analysis, financial projections, and strategy
- Manage internal and external client deadlines and prioritize and address client requests as they arise
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, actuarial science or related field
- Experience working in teams and with large, complex amounts of data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and project management skills
- A minimum of one SOA exam passed
- Commitment to achieving ASA/FSA and EA designations
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send in your application.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MercerMarsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top